Case management is available for patients (active duty, family members and retirees) with complex medical needs.
This may include:
- Catastrophic injury or illness
- Chronic or terminal illness
- Multiple medical problems
- Air Force Wounded Warriors
The goal is to help coordinate care among ALL healthcare providers, serve as a patient advocate and assist and empower patients to gain control of their illness, injury or situation.
Referral for case management can be obtained through your primary care manager or you may self-refer.
Why Would I Need Case Management?
The need for case management services is determined through a collaboration between you, your family or caregiver, your health care team, and your provider. This collaboration will include a comprehensive assessment of your health, psychosocial needs, and use of health care services and resources.
Case management can help by:
- Coordinating your care
- Assessing, planning, and facilitating services for you
- Evaluating your options
- Advocating on your behalf
You or your family member may need case management if you have:
- Instability with chronic health problems
- A serious terminal illness
- An increased need for different provider specialties due to multiple diseases or conditions
- A need for more support and education during a critical period
Who are Case Managers?
Case managers are usually nurses or social workers who can help you and your family figure out complex health care and support systems. They will work with you to coordinate the services and other community resources you need
They can help:
- Provide advocacy, support, and education
- Reduce burden and streamline appropriate utilization of care
- Partner with members of your healthcare team to assist in coordination of your healthcare needs
- Monitoring for progress and desired outcomes
How do I get Case Management Assistance?
Case Management is a referral-based service. You may contact your PCM and a member from their team can place a referral, or you can self-refer directly through Health Net Federal Services. Please visit this TRICARE link